As the technical assistance delivery phase of the RECAH initiative draws to a close, the team is assessing the impact of the support provided to the rural energy communities and seeking a clearer picture of the broader energy community landscape in Europe.
Understanding community feedback
From the 28 beneficiary communities, each expert provided a final report based on their continuous engagement and progress during the programme. Crucial to this report was a feedback form aiming to capture community sentiments regarding the support they received. This form assessed their satisfaction levels and offered communities a platform to voice their observations, share insights, and suggest recommendations for future technical assistance programmes.
As it stands, 46% of these communities have returned their feedback. The responses have been overwhelmingly positive, with suggestions for future support covering:
- assessing language barriers
- persistent engagement with policymakers
- facilitating access to future funding opportunities
- developing platforms for sharing knowledge and expertise
The RECAH team also conducted two focus group discussions with the experts at the forefront of delivering the technical assistance. These sessions became spaces for reflection, allowing the experts to:
- share their hands-on experiences
- spotlight successful rural energy community success stories and strategies
- delve into the challenges faced and potential solutions
- suggest recommendations for future technical assistance programmes
RECAH will publish a report detailing the pivotal insights from our technical assistance. Sign up for our mailing list and follow @Energy4Europe on X (formerly Twitter) to ensure you do not miss this. To find out more about the RECAH initiative outcomes, register online for the RECAH and European Communities Repositories joint final conference.
- Publication date
- 31 October 2023
- Directorate-General for Energy